The report also provides company shares and distribution shares data for each of these market categories, and global corporate-level profiles of the key market participants, pipeline products, and news and deals related to the General Surgery devices market wherever available.
The data in the report is derived from dynamic market forecast models. The report uses epidemiology and capital equipment-based models to estimate and forecast the market size. The objective is to provide information that represents the most up-to-date data of the industry possible.
The epidemiology-based forecasting model makes use of epidemiology data gathered from research publications and primary interviews with physicians to establish the target patient population and treatment flow patterns for individual diseases and therapies. Using prevalence and incidence data and diagnosed and treated population, the epidemiology-based forecasting model arrives at the final numbers.
Capital equipment-based forecasting models are done based on the installed base, replacements and new sales of a specific device/equipment in healthcare facilities such as hospitals, clinics and diagnostic centers. Data for average number of units per facility is used to arrive at the installed base of the capital equipment. Sales for a particular year are arrived at by calculating the replacement units and new units (additional and first-time purchases).
Extensive interviews are conducted with key opinion leaders (KOLs), physicians and industry experts to validate the market size, company share and distribution share data and analysis.
- Market size and company share data for General Surgery devices categories - Bronchoscopes, Laryngoscopes, Ureteroscopes, Cystoscopes, Colonoscopes, Sigmoidoscopes, Esophagoscopes & Gastroscopes, Duodenoscopes, Laparoscopes, Hysteroscopes, Sinuscopes, Resectoscopes, Endoscopy Visualization Systems, Endoscopy Visualization System Components, Endoscopic Reprocessors, Endoscopy Fluid Management Systems, Capsule Endoscopy Systems, Surgical Generators, Bariatric Surgery Devices, Aesthetic Lasers and Energy Devices, Biopsy Devices, Hernia Repair, Non-Vascular Stents and Gynecological Devices.
- Annualized market revenues (USD million) and volume (units) data for each of the market categories. Data is provided from 2005 to 2013 and forecast to 2020.
- 2013 company shares and distribution shares data for each of the market categories.
- Global corporate-level profiles of key companies operating within the United States General Surgery devices market.
- Key players covered include Olympus Corporation, Ethicon, Covidien, B. Braun Melsungen AG, C.R. Bard, Inc., and KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by identifying the key market categories and segments poised for strong growth in the future.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies.
- Design competition strategies by identifying who-stands-where in the market.
- Develop investment strategies by identifying the key market segments expected to register strong growth in the near future.
- What are the key distribution channels and what’s the most preferred mode of product distribution - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Olympus Corporation Covidien plc Intuitive Surgical, Inc. C. R. Bard, Inc. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG Hologic, Inc. PENTAX Medical Company CareFusion Corporation Johnson & Johnson Cook Group Incorporated Conceptus, Inc. Devicor Medical Products, Inc. Boston Scientific Corporation Fujifilm Holdings Corporation Given Imaging Ltd. B. Braun Melsungen AG Stryker CorporationTo view the table of contents and know more details please visit United States General Surgery Market Outlook to 2020